Vulkamin® is a naturally antiseptic bedding powder and is rapidly becoming the preferred cubicle bedding powder used in animal husbandry. In both cubicles and loose housing systems, the beneficial properties of Vulkamin® are quickly noticed.
- Fast-drying capacity
- Disinfectant to prevent cross-contamination and infection
- Improves and maintains the hygiene of the bedding
- Kill time less than 15 minutes
- pH rises by 2 points in 10 minutes
- Minimal loss of nitrogen
- Increases mineral content in forage
- Vulkamin® is silky soft and kind to cows’ teats through its non-abrasive structure.
- Kind to human eyes and hands, it can be applied throughout the year
Microbes cannot tolerate fast changes in pH, giving Vulkamin its disinfectant effect.
The benefits of Vulkamin® go far further in enriching the soil with nutrients, trace elements, and other useful elements in a well-balanced proportion which is fundamental to soil fertility and healthy balanced plant nutrition. Contributing to farm sustainability by reducing fertiliser costs.
It provides a rich source of soluble silicic acid, which is directly absorbable for plants and strengthens their resistance to fungal disease and other harmful organisms – the use of chemical-synthetic fungicides can thus be reduced.
- Activates available reserves of phosphates in the soil by adding silicic acid
- Balances the loss of calcium and stabilises a favourable pH level
- Increases the quantity of available sodium, which has the same regulating effect as potassium in the water balance of plants and activation of enzymes – the quantity of potassium needed by plants will thus be reduced and crop yields will be increased
- Potassium also contributes to giving grazing animals a healthy diet
- Dissolves gradually, providing nutrients and trace elements evenly over a long period of time – the result is a mild effect and a long-lasting improvement of available nutritive elements in the soil
- Erosion is reduced to a minimum
- Improves conditions for micro-organisms living in the soil, especially for nitrogen-binding bacteria
- Using Vulkamin® is the best way of producing fertile soils over a long period of time